With over 350 websites, 1,400+ marketing campaigns and multiple online businesses under his belt, he has a wealth of industry specific knowledge for PT's.
What You’ll Learn In this lesson, we are going to look at content marketing, and how we can utilise various tools to distribute the same piece of content to many different audiences.
Why It’s Important As personal trainers, we have to wear many hats. Not only do we have to be excellent trainers when it comes to delivering results for our clients, but in order to really thrive, we must master many areas of business. One of those areas is having an understanding of marketing.
Why is content distribution important?
Now, you’ve probably heard of the expression before - “content is King”.
Many popular business people and marketers, such as Gary Vaynerchuk, express the importance of creating high-quality content that is relevant to our audience so we can build relationships with them, offer them value and get them to know, like and trust us.
What if I told you that the most successful content creators didn’t spend all their time creating content?
As a matter of fact, they create one piece of content and then redistribute it through multiple channels.
We can use the Pareto principle, or 80/20 rule to explain it further. 20% of your time would be spent actually creating content, and the other 80% of your time would be used to distribute it.
Therefore, having content distribution systems can save us time, impact more people and help us connect with our audience, which of course, are your potential clients.
In this lesson, we will look at 6 steps you can use to help distribute your content.
1. Establish Your Network
The first step is to establish your network. Your content distribution network represents the people who care about your message. Now, some trainers may directly reach out to their clients and ask them to share their content, however, to grow your content distribution network to win shares and retweets from relevant industry leaders, you may consider:
Promoting relevant industry content from notable practitioners, and tagging them in your posts
Directly outreaching bloggers to promote their content
Commenting on other bloggers blog posts
2. Republish All Of Your Content
Once your post is written, you could share it on all your social media platforms and let your email list know about the post. You should also use Medium.com, which is a publishing website and you can create a LinkedIn post relevant to the content and thread some hyperlinks into it. Finally, we recommend answering relevant questions in Facebook Groups, regarding health and fitness, and when appropriate, linking your answer with a blog post.
3. Create a Social Media Calendar
It’s very unlikely all of your followers on social media will see your post about your blog the first time. It’s acceptable to share it a number of times. Many trainers, marketers and content creators set up a calendar using SproutSocial and schedule what post they will publish and promote, where and when.
4. Answer Fitness Questions on Quora
Quora is a place where people go to ask questions and get real-time answers from relevant industry experts. It is possible to answer questions and then link the reader back to your blog post. You could try answering 3 questions as soon as you publish your blog. Quora is also a great place to get ideas for future blog posts.
5. Recreate The Same Piece of Content For All Social Media Platforms
Some people don’t have the time to read entire blog posts. To overcome this, you can try creating info graphics for your followers on Instagram and Facebook. You could then encourage the people to head over to your blog for more information about the topic. If you need a professional info graphic made to republish, we offer this as part of our design service at My Personal Trainer Website.
Additionally, you could create your blog post into a Powerpoint presentation and then use a screen recording software to record your screen and do a live presentation talking about the topic. We recommend using useloom.com. You could then upload your presentation to YouTube and Facebook. Furthermore, some trainers take the audio from the presentation and create that into a podcast and upload it to Soundcloud and iTunes.
6. Facebook Ads
Finally, you could use paid advertising to promote your blog post. This is a great way to drive immediate traffic to your blog post and start getting some engagement. It makes sense to use Facebook’s targeting to target the ideal target audience that you are trying to attract as clients.
Content marketing isn’t a matter of spending all day writing blog posts. It’s a matter of writing one quality piece of content and reusing the content on multiple different platforms. Systemising your republishing by going over these 6 steps each time you write a post can save you time and get your post the attention it deserves.